They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So whether you’re looking for something hearty such as deliciously whipped up eggs and fluffy stacks of pancakes or yummy healthy options à la avo on toast and granola, these restaurants and cafés serve up breakfast for the whole family that are worth…Read More
Pets are cute and cuddly. They are the perfect answer to school breaks or those long, boring nights when the rest of the household is busy. Kid being kids will ask for pets all the time. But as parents, we know adopting one is a lot more than fun and games. It’s about time, effort and money besides a life-long commitment towards a tiny little addition to your clan.
If you’ve been on the edge lately, how about I tell you having a pet will make your child healthier? Or that they are a great parenting hack if your child is suffering from loneliness, for example? On that note, here are the top 5 reasons why every kid should grow up with a pet.
- Ditch the antibiotics. With research confirming that over-cleanliness is a major cause of kid’s sicknesses, having a pet ensures that your child is exposed to tons of bacteria early on in life. Several studies have depicted that kids who grow up with dogs or cats have a significantly reduced risk of developing common allergies and asthma in later life.
- Bring on the chores. Ever heard of the phrase, ‘Necessity is the mother of invention’. Get a dog and you will know exactly what I mean. In feeding, bathing, walking or toilet training the pet, your child will learn a life-long lesson in responsibility.
- Social skills that aren’t taught in school: Animals don’t speak, but puppy eyes are real. They often use their body language to communicate and their caregivers turn out sharp and intuitive as a result. It comes as no surprise then that children with pets display increased empathy and compassion.
- Get out and about: Play time is such an important part of a child’s life and when the same principle applies to a pet, it makes life that much easier. Let’s just say having a pet is a sure-shot way to encourage activity, whether it means playing fetch indoors or walking and hiking with them in the open.
- Be calm and get a pet: A pet is a perfect stress-reliever for both kids and adults. Think slobbery kisses, a wet nose or kneading paws at the end of a hard day 🙂 When it comes to single child, there is no greater companion than a pet. Did you even know that kids suffering from autism or ADHD undergo dog therapy programs to calm down? For real.
Convinced yet? Go on, it’s not a home without fur kids anyway!