Natural History Museum, Saadiyat Island, Cultural District, Abu Dhabi
Ages 0- Adult
Due to open end year 2025
The Natural History Museum, which will will feature some of the rarest natural history specimens ever found on planet Earth, is du...
The Natural History Museum, which will will feature some of the rarest natural history specimens ever found on planet Earth, is due to be completed at the end of 2025.
This iconic museum will be the fourth museum in Saadiyat Cultural District, and will include a scientific research and teaching institution, as well as an educational resource for learning about the evolving story of our planet, aiming to ignite a life-long passion for the natural world in visitors of all ages.
------ WHAT TO EXPECT INSIDE THE MUSEUM ------
- A journey through time and space, from the beginning of the universe to a thought-provoking perspective into our Earth’s future.
- The world-famous skeleton of ‘Stan’, the Tyrannosaurus rex, the Murchison Meteorite specimen, and other spectacular collections.
- Commitment to public education and to the development and sharing of scientific research.
- The innovative scientific research facility will undertake studies in areas including zoology, palaeontology, geology, marine biology, molecular research (aDNA and proteomics), entomology and earth sciences.
- The Museum's galleries will take visitors on an inspirational journey back to the very beginning of time, narrating the evolution of our universe, the Earth's formation, and the history of life on our planet.
- Covering an area of more than 35,000 sqm, lead architects Mecanoo designed the Natural History Museum Abu Dhabi to resonate with natural rock formations, reflecting the museum’s goal of improving understanding of and engagement with the natural world.