Celebrating Halloween in the UAE seems to be getting more and more popular with every year – and this time is no different! From spook-tastic brunches to haunted houses and thrilling trick or treat trails, there’s something for every little monster, witch or goblin to enjoy this Halloween! 1. Halloween Family Fun Day at BOUNCE… Read More
Being outdoors once the temperature drops is something that the UAE excels in. There should be a movie on the great outdoors in the UAE, like seriously. Entertaining kids which is otherwise a struggle becomes easy, especially if you are ready to pack up and start gallivanting. Here’s my list of 30 ‘cool’ activities to do with the family, one for each day of the month.
1) Get fit with the Dubai Fitness Challenge starting October 19.
2) You can never go wrong with a trip to the Metro or Tram, bonus points for first-timers!
3) Watch a movie under the stars outdoors; in Golden Mile Galleria @ The Palm or Vox Outdoor at Galleria Mall.
4) Plan that tour to Dubai Miracle Garden – truly a miracle where the flowers never end.
5) Check out family-friendly cycling paths at Al Qudra, Nad Al Sheba or the humble Barsha Pond Park.
6) Hit the beach and bring on the Vitamin D.
7) Ride an abra in Bur Dubai for 1 dh and feed the seagulls on the dock after.
8) From the RIPE’s of the world to the Farmer’s Market on the Terrace, make the most of al-fresco shopping outdoors.
9) Get the kids wet-n-dirty at XPark Jr – Dubai’s newest natural play park and the first of its kind.
10) Grab a burger with the family at SALT, the popular Kite Beach food truck at La Mer.
11) Spend your evenings at a nearby community park.
12) Rub shoulders with lions and chimpanzees at Dubai Safari Park.
13) Drive up to one of the many Last Exit’s for good food & instagram-worthy shots.
14) Re-visit the Dubai Fountain Show you can never have enough of!
15) Watch flamingos at Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary, free of charge.
16) Book a Desert Safari, with or without the dune bashing.
17) Get tickets to the Dubai Winter Festival 2018 in Media City Amphitheatre, now in its 7th glorious year.
18) Feed animals, encounter reptiles and watch parrots put on a show at Al Ain Zoo.
19) Camp in the desert with the family, or join a group if you fear going solo.
20) 3 theme parks, 1 water park and several restaurants by the river – Dubai Parks and Resorts is family fun guaranteed!
21) Brunch and BBQ at some of parks/beaches around the city.
22) Wander the streets of old Dubai and while you’re at it, enjoy a cultural meal at Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding.
23) Make fun meet fitness meet thrill meet nature at Aventura, in the beautiful Mushrif Park.
24) Tour the Al Rawabi Dairy Farm and know all you wanted to (and more) about milk making in the UAE.
25) Visit the new family spot, The Yard in Khawaneej for everything from animals to retail and food.
26) Run, walk or cycle along the Dubai Canal.
27) Try out a new, family-friendly restaurant with outdoor seating every Friday. (P.S. Via Vita in JLT)
28) Get mobile at the Yas Marina Circuit in the capital. Racetracks are open for runners, cyclists & walkers of all ages and fitness levels.
29) Take a 2-hour trip kayaking through mangroves in Abu Dhabi.
30) If you haven’t been to the family-favorite Global Village in the good weather, have you even lived?