The Toronto Islands are comprised of 15 small islands in Lake Ontario, right off of the mainland. These scenic and nature-dense is...
The Toronto Islands are comprised of 15 small islands in Lake Ontario, right off of the mainland. These scenic and nature-dense islands are a shining example of the city of Toronto’s values in spending time outdoors and appreciating all that this beautiful region has to offer. Just a short ferry ride from the city of Toronto, and all connected by boardwalks and walking trails, the Toronto Islands are the perfect place to spend a day with the family, someone special, or on your own. Check out these awesome attractions on Toronto Islands.
- Start off your day with an exciting ferry ride from downtown Toronto to the shores of Centre Island.
- Have a picnic and go on a bicycle ride (Toronto Island Bicycle Rental - bike rentals available) around the Island.
- Be joyful in nature’s simple treasures and have a beach day at Central Island Beach (Blue flag certified).
- On the other end of Centre Island, kid-friendly activities abound. The Centreville Amusement Park is designed specifically with little ones in mind, with plenty of rides, games and attractions for your kids to enjoy. Pet the farm animals or try your hand at a carnival game at this charming local amusement park.
- Toward the city, the boardwalk crosses over to Toronto Island Park where you’ll find plenty of space to spread out and appreciate the city skyline.
- Play Hide and Seek at The Franklin Childrens Garden.
- Visit the petting zoo at Far Enough Farm.
- Join the scurvy crew, become a buccaneer and board the 45 foot Pirate ship and set sail in search of sunken treasure with Pirate Life: Adventure, Theatre and Cruise.
- Toward Lake Ontario, the Toronto Island Tram Tour will take you all around the islands with the best views available, and without any of the heat or stress of walking.
- the Lakeshore Splash Pad offers the perfect place to cool your kids down on a hot day.
-------------- How to Get to Toronto Islands --------------
- Taking The Toronto Island Ferry:The ferry leaves from the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal. In the summer, the ferry departs every 15 minutes starting at 6:30 AM (to Ward’s Island). If you want to go straight to Centre Island, you’ll have to wait until 8:00 AM.