Summer fun for budding young artists 4 and up! Our summer art camp teaches the techniques of design and creation using various art...
Summer fun for budding young artists 4 and up! Our summer art camp teaches the techniques of design and creation using various art mediums from fired arts such as ceramics, glass fusing, and pottery to mixed media using canvas, acrylics, inks, and more in 2D and 3D forms.
Two places we take the campers during the week, (weather permitting) is the Cleveland Park Library and the National Zoo. Lunch is either eaten at the Library or at the store. The Zoo is our way to incorporate nature and animals to get inspiration for painting. This also is weather permitting – if it’s raining or if it’s too hot we will stay in the studio.
----- SUMMER CAMPS -----
- FIRED AND NON FIRED ARTS: Full Day camp Morning Themes: ceramics, clay and glass fusing Afternoon session: creating 2D and 3D masterpieces using various mixed media such as inks, acrylics, paper mache, watercolour and so much more!
- FIRED ARTS ONLY: Half-day morning session Focus is on fired arts curriculum
- NON FIRED ARTS ONLY: Half-day afternoon session NON fired or mixed media component of our program
----- CAMP DETAILS ----- - Week Long Camp, Monday-Friday
- Location: Cleveland Park 3413 Connecticut Ave. Wash, DC 20008
- Deadline to sign up for camp is the Friday before the camp week starts.
- Sign ups are for the full week only.
- We ask everyone to wear clothes to get dirty in. There could be times when we work with acrylic paints, which does not come out of clothes. Please have your children dress appropriately. NO open toe shoes. This is for the safely of your kids.
- We do not provide lunch. We ask that Campers bring a lunch each day, Monday-Friday. A snack is recommended as well for the afternoon.