Dynamic Earth, home of the Big Nickel, is an immersive, hands-on science centre that features earth science and mining experiences...
Dynamic Earth, home of the Big Nickel, is an immersive, hands-on science centre that features earth science and mining experiences.
------------- HIGHLIGHTS ------------
- Dinosaur Discoveries: Become a paleontologist, compare and analyze fossil evidence leading to new discoveries about the life and death of dinosaurs, discover fossils and skeletons, and explore the life dinosaurs lived.
- Sudbury’s iconic attraction, the Big Nickel, is an exact replica of the 1951 Canadian nickel. It was built in 1964 and symbolizes the wealth that Sudbury has contributed to the Canadian economy through nickel production.
- Underground Mine Tour: This guided tour takes you through our demonstration mine to discover the evolution of mining from turn-of-the-century to modern day. Tour lasts approximately 1-hour-15-minutes. Sturdy footwear and jackets are recommended, as mine temperatures are approximately 13°C (55°F). Last tour of the day is scheduled for 1h30min prior to closing.
- Experience the greatest show on earth at the Earth Gallery—perfect for visitors of all ages who want to learn more about earth sciences. Find out how to identify rocks, minerals and fossils, and bring in your own samples to trade at the Rockhound Lab.
- Grab a snack, take your seat and enjoy films that are both fun and educational, all on the Epiroc Theatre’s giant screen. Fascinating nature documentaries allow you to gain a better understanding of the world around us. Ask a Bluecoat for the day’s screening schedule when you arrive.
- In the MacLeod Rock Gallery, you can test your skills in our Mine Training Centre while operating one of our exciting simulators. Join a rescue team for a mine rescue adventure. Create mountains and lakes with the new virtual sandbox and pan for REAL gold flakes in our gold panning table.
- Located across from the Copper Café, the Mineral Wall is bursting with colours and textures from our natural world.
- In the shadow of the Big Nickel, visit Ontario's only outdoor Science Park. With large-scale, science-themed exhibits and interactive structures.
------------- BIRTHDAY PARTIES ------------- Give your child an amazing birthday party that is one of a kind with the help of our Bluecoats! Enjoy a fun-filled day with affordable prices and flexible party options. We can help make it a birthday to remember! Package includes
- Private room for 3 hours
- Full day admission to Science North or Dynamic Earth and general public underground tour
- Pizza lunch and juice available for purchase (bring your own cake and decorations)
- Birthday parties are for children between the ages of 4 and 12.
Refer other polices/rules on website before booking a package
Pricing & Offers
* This ticket DOES NOT include the underground tour, please select Dynamic Earth + Underground Tour