The Alton Mill is home to some 25 studio artists, unique shops , galleries, and a heritage museum, while the industrial-chic ambia...
The Alton Mill is home to some 25 studio artists, unique shops , galleries, and a heritage museum, while the industrial-chic ambiance makes it the perfect venue to host your event . Built on the banks of Shaw's Creek, this national-award-winning heritage building is now "a jewel in the crown of the GTA's arts scene".
---------- HIGHLIGHTS ----------
- Visitors can discover and purchase art, fine crafts, jewellery and woodworks from artists and artisans in working studios or from one of four unique galleries.
- Develop your own skills in one of our artists' many workshops, classes or painting parties.
- Enjoy a performance or one of our major seasonal events and studio open houses, or simply savour the inspiring environment of the mill, its history and waterside setting.
- Learn about the industrial history of Alton in the Turbine Room heritage exhibit.
- Kids' Artfest is where our future artists can express their creativity! Children can come out and sample the arts, get a taste for painting, drawing and pottery without the commitment to a longterm program. Artists present a variety of interactive, fun workshops including painting at Maggiolly's Art Supplies as well as drawing and clay at the Alton Mill. All in the spirit of creativity!